Sunday, February 15, 2009

Testing, 1 - 2 - 3, Testing

I took my camcorder housing out for a test run yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good footage because I had a difficult time swimming through the surf while simultaneously handling my camcorder [housing]. One thing I learned during my short test run yesterday was this housing's performance was not what I had expected it to be. When I ordered this housing, I had envisioned it to be an indestructible engineering marvel that could withstand a rigorous session at second reef Pipe (What can I say - I'm a wishful thinker). In actuality, however, it probably wouldn't handle anything heavier than recording your child's first bath in his or her plastic baby tub.

I'll probably get rid of this camcorder and housing when the Sanyo VPC-WH1 is released. That said, if anyone wants a Sony camcorder and housing for cheap, just let me know and we can work out a deal.


Disclaimer: The following video will waste 14 seconds of your life.

2 comments:

Jeff Yusa said...

nice Lee! always fun to play around w/ new gadgies in the h20.

Lee said...

Gadgets definitely add another dimension to my surf sessions. To tell you the truth, I sometimes have more fun messing around with my gadgets than actually surfing. =)