Saturday, April 14, 2012

BBR Expo 2012

I went down south this morning to check out the BIA Tour Seaside Reef contest. The winds were cranking, however, so the contest was ultimately canceled. I don't know what the new date is for this contest, but keep an eye on www.biatour.net for the latest info.

With some extra time on my hands, I decided to take the beach route from Seaside Reef to San Diego in hopes of finding some cleaner surf. The winds were unforgiving pretty much everywhere, though, and I never really found anything worth stopping for.

As the clock struck 11:00 AM, I stopped by the BBR Expo at the Wave House. The BBR Expo featured exhibits from several bodyboarding companies, including Custom X, JL and WCB, raffles and live bodyboard shaping.



Choppy surf = two thumbs down




JL shaping a mini bodyboard.









No comments: