Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Flashback: One Million Dollars

Those of you who have seen the movie Austin Powers will undoubtedly remember the scene in which, after being cryogenically frozen and thus oblivious to the change of times, Dr. Evil brashly places his pinky finger next to his mouth and exclaims "one million dollars!" Unfortunately for Dr. Evil, one million dollars just isn't what it used to be, and, consequently, he becomes the laughingstock.

If you've read my profile, you'd know that I took more than a decade-long hiatus from bodyboarding. Not only did I stop bodyboarding, but I also stopped following bodyboarding in its entirety.

When I first started bodyboarding [in the '90s], being part of a team meant you were "doing it" aka you were the shiz. So when I started bodyboarding again a couple of years ago, and thought of a name for this blog, I thought to myself "hmm... how 'bout 'Team Stoked', cuz 'Team' is where it's at and well, I'm stoked to be back". Little did I know that "Team"-anything isn't as gnar as it used to be in the '90s, and it's probably now more of a joke than anything.

After realizing that the term "team" just doesn't carry the clout that it used to, I thought about changing my blog's name many a time. I never got around to it, though, and the name "Team Stoked" just kind of stuck.

So with all that said, I present to you my cryogencially-frozen-one-million-dollar-inspired blog, Team Stoked!



1 comment:

Selase said...

stick with it!!! TEAMSTOKED FO LIFE ;)